765 Broad Street
Newark, NJ 07102
The Office of College and Career Access oversees the work of School Counselors and related district programs.
Through the implementation of a developmental guidance curriculum and use of the Naviance online career guidance program, students engage in career and post secondary education exploration throughout the elementary and secondary grades, increasing awareness and promoting readiness for the student’s chosen course of study.
Consistent with the mission statement of the Office of Student Supports and the American School Counselor Association, We, of the Office of College and Career Access, most certainly believe that all of our children will learn: we further believe that our students can achieve academic excellence. It is our aim to develop and implement district-wide guidance programs and activities which are an integral part of classroom instruction; and to provide supportive services, all of which will help our students develop to their fullest potential.
- To provide all students with information on post-high school education, college, careers, and vocational options.
- To provide students and parents with scholarship information and procedures.
- All school counseling personnel, elementary and secondary, will participate in staff development programs to strengthen and expand the guidance skills and knowledge needed to serve our student population and their parents.
- To infuse character education through the disciplines via elementary and secondary counseling programs.
- To provide group guidance sessions that will enhance test-taking skills, reducing test anxiety and promoting self-confidence in all students.
- To promote, expose, and encourage 9th, 10th, and 11th graders to take the PSAT.
- To promote, expose, and encourage all 11th and 12th graders to take the SAT and ACT.
- To develop an evaluation procedure for guidance services rendered to students and school staff.
- To utilize Naviance for college, career planning, and goal setting with students and parents/guardians.
- To provide opportunities to attend college/career fairs.
NJ Higher Education Student Assistance Authority
|406 downloads||1.0||11-30-2020 16:38|
|279 downloads||1.0||11-30-2020 16:39|
|338 downloads||1.0||11-30-2020 16:38|