765 Broad Street
Newark, NJ 07102
Office Hours: Monday-Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Accessing Personnel Files
For inquiries and requests for personnel records, please contact R&V: firstname.lastname@example.org. When practical, R&V will respond to all inquiries and requests via email within two (2) business days. Upon request, the staff will make copies of personnel documents. Employees can access the Personnel Review form. The completed form can be faxed to 973-733-8113 or scanned to the R&V e-mail address. It may take up to five (5) business days, subject to the volume of one’s personnel file.
The Records and Verification Office is only responsible for Employee Records. Student Record Requests should be sent to email@example.com.
Updating Your Address
All employees can update address information online through the NPS Portal Self-Service.
- Per Diem employees should contact the Information Services Desk: 973-733-8700 to obtain a temporary user name.
Required Background Information Pursuant to P.L. 2018, C.5.
The Newark Board of Education conducts state-mandated background checks pursuant to New Jersey Public Law 2018, C. 5., N.J.S.A. 18A:6-7.6. You can forward all paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment and Income Verification Process
Human Resources has partnered with InVerify to provide an automated employment and income verification service, InVerify. InVerify simplifies the verification process through an online system available to verifiers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where information is obtained immediately.
How does this service Work?
To obtain proof of employment and/or income via InVerify, employees must direct all verifiers to https://inverify.net/ or 866-295-7363 for customer support/assistance. Verifiers will be required to register and obtain a login for the InVerify secure, self-service site. This information can be verified 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For Employment Verification (includes employment status, start date, job title, length of service, etc. with no income information)
Verifier will need the following:
- Newark Public Schools’ employer code (will be provided upon signed contract)
- Employee social security number
For Income Verification (includes payroll data, YTD wages, historical pay information, etc.)
Verifier will need the following:
- Company Code
- Employee Social Security number
- Employee Income Key. Employees must register at https://inverify.net/
Self-Service: Employment and Income Verification
The employee self-service portal from InVerify is designed for employees to have access to their employment and income verification information. Employees can access the following services when needed:
- Manage their Income Key. Employees can create or change an Income Key.
- Unofficial ‘Employee Only” copy of verification report. Employees can review their verification report for their record. This report is for employee use only and cannot be distributed to third party verifiers like banks or mortgage companies.
- Employee Usage Report. Employees can determine who has executed a verification report on their profile.
- Verification of Employment (VOE) Express Letter. Employees can print out or download a copy of their own employment verification letter to use when looking for housing or for any other simple employment verification request.