Dr. Mary Ann Reilly
Teaching & Learning
765 Broad Street
Newark, NJ 07102
The Office of Teaching & Learning is responsible for:
- Assisting the Superintendent in supervising the district’s instructional programs and school services
- Evaluating the operation of the Regional Offices and schools and make recommendations to the Superintendent for new initiatives and policy changes as required.
- Assist with the preparation and administration of the district’s instructional program.
- Assist in the preparation of the district’s budget.
- Provide leadership and guidance to curriculum planning, coordination and evaluation.
- Plans and administers an effective system for the recruitment, selection, evaluation and staff development for professional personnel.
- Participate in selection, recommendation and adoption of all instructional programs and associated instructional materials.
- Oversees evaluation of the performance of administrative personnel in accordance with law, code and district policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Superintendent and/or requested by the Advisory Board.
Several instructional departments fall under the Office of Academic Services. To view the web pages of those departments please click on the Academic Services Directory located at the top left hand side.