At more than 100 years old, Newark’s Bruce Street School for the Deaf is one of the oldest schools for deaf and hard of hearing children in the United States. Anyone who attended this year’s Deaf Awareness Day, which celebrated students’ accomplishments throughout the school year, could see why the school is so successful. From kindergartners to alumni, including an Adjunct Professor at Montclair State University, the event featured the skills, talents and determination of students past and present.
- Habit 1: Be Proactive (I am responsible for me)
- Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind (Always have a plan)
- Habit 3: Put First Things First (Work first then play)
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win (everyone can win; everyone can walk away happy)
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood (Listen before you talk)
- Habit 6: Synergize (Together we can achieve more)
- Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw (A balanced life is the best life)