The first round of judging for the Panasonic National Human Interest Stories has been completed! Technology High School video students have place in the top ten for the second year in a row 2017-2018.
These videos were viewed by a panel of judges from the City University of New York, Bronx Community College, Media and Digital Film Production Program – Bronx, NY. They have chosen the top 10 videos from each grade and video category – Human Interest and Eco PSA – that are now being judged by a select group of VIP judges that work within the industry.
The VIP judges will select the top 3 New Vision Award (Human Interest) winning videos from each grade category and the “Best PSA of the Year” Eco Effect winning video. An independent judge will then choose the Human Interest “Best Video of the Year” for Primary and Secondary School.
Top 10 Human Interest – Primary Schools (in alphabetical order):
- Ashley River Creative Arts Elementary School, Charleston, SC – “Why Our City Flooding”
- Branch Brook School, Newark, NJ – “SM & I’net Safety for Kids”
- Edwards T. Bowser Elementary School, East Orange, NJ – “Immigrants Impact School”
- Marcus Garvey School, Chicago, IL – “Overcome Your Challenge”
- New Roberto Clemente Middle School, Paterson, NJ – “1 LovePeace for Paterson Project”
- Prairie View Elementary School, Enid, OK – “A Voice for Meredi”
- Rancho Minerva Middle School, Vista, CA – “Nurtured by Nature”
- Sheridan JR High School, Sheridan, WY – “Which Door Will You Choose”
- Travis Ranch School, Yorba Linda, CA – “Efx of Social Media on Teens”
- Vista Academy Middle School, Denver, CO – “Girl Boss”
Top 10 Human Interest – Secondary Schools (in alphabetical order):
- Eastlake High School, Chula Vista, CA – “Family is Always First”
- Gardiner High School, Gardiner, ME – “Library Compliments”
- HCST County Prep High School, Jersey City, NJ – “Women’s Rights”
- Kauai High School, Lihue, HI – “A Piece of Home”
- Maui High School, Kahului, HI – “Just for Show”
- Maury High School, Norfolk, VA – “Stress: A Monster You Can Manage”
- Mooresville High School, Mooresville, NC – “Equal Rights”
- Piscataway High School, Piscataway, NJ – “Snap Judgement”
- Technology High School, Newark, NJ – “Women’s March”
- Val Verde High School, Perris, CA – “Stitched Love”
Top 10 Eco PSA – Secondary Schools (in alphabetical order):
- East Side High School, Newark, NJ – “Urban Gardening”
- Eastlake High School, Chula Vista, CA – “Trash to Cash”
- HCST County Prep High School, Jersey City, NJ – “How to Stay Green in 4 Easy Steps”
- Kauai High School, Lihue, HI – “Global Warming”
- Maui High School, Kahului, HI – “Our House”
- Maury High School, Norfolk, VA – “Save the Living Earth”
- Piscataway High School, Piscataway, NJ – “Destroy all Bacteria”
- South Plainfield High School, South Plainfield, NJ – “Litter Say What”
- Val Verde High School, Perris, CA – “Litter-ly Stalked”
- Virginia School for the Deaf and the Blind, Staunton, VA – “The Last Supper”
Congratulations to the Finalists!!!
The 20 videos from each grade and video category will be posted on the KWN website in the coming weeks. The top 3 winning schools will be announced by Friday, March 30, 2018. If your school did not make the top 20 videos, please don’t feel discouraged. Everyone did a great job and we are very proud of all your students!