The Newark Board of Education Academic and Strategic Data Team serves to provide comprehensive analysis to support evidence-based decision-making in the district. This includes: designing and producing internal reports and data tools, responding to ad hoc data requests, conducting evaluations of programs and cohorts, compliance data reporting, and supporting external researchers seeking to work with the district.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
765 Broad Street
Newark, NJ 07102
Learn about NPS and Newark Schools
During the 2018-19 school year, Newark Public Schools served almost 36,100 students ranging from preschool age to high school seniors.
To learn more about our district, please see the district summary.
For data on individual schools, review the school summaries or download a school level database for the 2016-17 school year.
Data and Analysis by Topic
Data Exploration Tools
- New Jersey Dept. of Education: School level datasets on student outcomes and characteristics
- U.S. Dept of Education Office of Civil Rights Data: School and District level data based on the biennial nationwide Civil Rights Data Collection report
- Advocates for Children of New Jersey: Kids Count data center explores indicators of well-being for all children in NJ
- Education Law Center Dashboard: Data exploration tool for examining student demographic data for counties, schools, and districts in NJ
- After-School Programs
Publications Featuring Newark Public Schools
- NewarkEnrolls: A Principled Approach to Public School Choice (2018)
- School District Reform In Newark: Within- And Between-School Changes In Achievement Growth(2017)
- Newark Public Schools and Newark Teachers Union: Teacher Contract Evaluation (2016)
- Needs and Segmentation Analysis for the South Ward of Newark, NJ (2016)
- Measuring Up: Educational Improvement & Opportunity in 50 Cities (2015)
- Science Instruction in Newark Public Schools (2011)
- Resident Perceptions of Public Education in Newark: A Community Survey (2011)
- Rutgers Library-Newark Public Schools-Historical Archive on Articles written about Newark Public Schools
Research with NPS
Newark Public Schools encourages collaboration with research partners when possible in order to pursue evidence-based approaches. We prioritize research that aligns with the Superintendent’s Key Priorities. Please see our Research with NPS page for more information.