2 Cedar Street
Newark, NJ 07102
Learn about NPS and Newark Schools
During the 2015-16 school year, Newark Public Schools served over 36,000 students ranging from pre-school age to high school seniors.
To learn more about our district, please see the district summary.
For data on individual schools, review the school summaries or download a school level database for the 2015-16 school year.
Data and Analysis by Topic
Data Exploration Tools
- New Jersey Dept. of Education: School level datasets on student outcomes and characteristics
- U.S. Dept of Education Office of Civil Rights Data: School and District level data based on the biennial nationwide Civil Rights Data Collection report
- Advocates for Children of New Jersey: Kids Count data center explores indicators of well-being for all children in NJ
- Education Law Center Dashboard: Data exploration tool for examining student demographic data for counties, schools, and districts in NJ
Publications Featuring Newark Public Schools
- Newark Public Schools and Newark Teachers Union: Teacher Contract Evaluation (2016)
- Measuring Up: Educational Improvement & Opportunity in 50 Cities (2015)
- Science Instruction in Newark Public Schools (2011)
- Resident Perceptions of Public Education in Newark: A Community Survey (2011)
- Rutgers Library-Newark Public Schools-Historical Archive on Articles written about Newark Public Schools
Research with NPS
Newark Public Schools encourages collaboration with research partners when possible in order to pursue evidence-based approaches. We prioritize research that aligns with the Superintendent’s Key Priorities. Please see our Research with NPS page for more information.