[Newark, NJ – June 13, 2016] – This Tuesday, Newark Public Schools (NPS) will be participating in a ribbon cutting ceremony officially welcoming students, parents and teachers to the grand opening of the new Oliver Street School in the East Ward of Newark. Mayor Ras J. Baraka, Superintendent Christopher D. Cerf, and state and local officials will be attending the event.
The Schools Development Authority (SDA) invested $73.6 million dollars to build the state-of-the-art school, which is the second newly constructed facility in the school district after Elliott Street School since 2010.
Media planning to attend should RSVP to Dreena Whitfield at DWhitfield@nullNPS.K12.NJ.US.
Oliver Street School Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Mayor Ras J. Baraka (City of Newark)
- Superintendent Christopher D. Cerf (Newark Public Schools)
- Councilman Augusto Amador (East Ward, City of Newark)
- Chairperson Antoinette Baskerville-Richardson (Board of Education, City of Newark)
- Douglas J. Petty (Principal, Elliott Street School)
- Senator M. Teresa Ruiz (State Senator, District 29)
- County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr. (Essex County)
- Charles McKenna (CEO, New Jersey Schools Development Authority)
- Assistant Superintendent Roger León (Newark Public Schools)
- Tuesday, June 14, 2016
- Oliver Street School
86 Oliver Street
Newark, NJ 07105