NPS Leadership Framework Overview
NPS recognizes the need to have a transformational leader in every classroom. To support this goal, and based on feedback gathered from administrators and their supervisors, NPS has revised the leadership framework, to ensure that expectations in the Leadership Framework are as explicit as possible, and align clearly to the district’s goals and objectives.
The Leadership Framework is comprised of five competencies which are deeply rooted in the role of principals as instructional leaders, managers and developers of human capital who work to improve teacher practice. The five competencies are:
- Management and Coaching of Instructional Staff: Effectively develops and manages talent to improve instruction.
- Curriculum, Assessment and Instruction: Effectively uses curriculum and assessment tools to advance Common Core-aligned instruction.
- Student and Family Support: Supports students’ academic, social and emotional growth.
- Transformational Leadership: Maintains relentless focus on improving student outcomes through planning, relationships, and personal responsibility.
- Organizational Leadership: Implements systems and processes to effectively manage.
Administration Evaluation Resources
|Title||File Size||File Type||Date||Link||Downloads|