Calling all Newark Students to Participate!
The Mayor’s Office and the City of Newark in collaboration with Newark Board of Education is calling on all students residing in Newark, regardless of school to create an original Public Service Announcement with a catchy slogan.
Students are invited to submit a Public Service Announcement with a slogan to promote health and safety in our great city associated with the virus COVID-19. The winning Public Service Announcements will be featured in a campaign to promote health and safety in our city during the coronavirus pandemic.
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA:
- All students in grades K - 12 residing in Newark, regardless of school are eligible to participate.
- Public Service Announcements with slogans must be the student’s original work and must not be taken from any commercial advertisement, slogan, or catch phrase or from any copyrighted material.
- Public Service Announcement with slogans will be judged on originality, creativity and how well they promote health and safety during COVID-19 incorporating a key word/s related to the virus.
- Public Service Announcement with slogans must be between 30 - 60 seconds in length and students may submit as many entries as they wish
- What is a Public Service Announcement? How to Create the Perfect Public Service Announcement
To enter the contest, follow the steps below. Submissions must be received by Monday, April 20, 2020 at 12:00 noon to be eligible to win.
- Create and record your Public Service Announcement with a slogan.
- Submit your Public Service Announcement recording with slogan using the Google Form linked here.
- By submitting a contest entry, each student and parent/guardian consents to publication and use of the PSA & slogan by the City of Newark and/or the Newark Board of Education by any means and in any and all forms of media, including but not limited to print, broadcast, and social media, in the sole discretion of the City and/or Board.
Public Service Announcements with slogans will be voted on by a panel of judges made up of city officials and local artists / art organization representatives.
There will be first, second, and third place winners including Honorable Mentions in each of the following grade categories (Grades K-2; Grade 3-5; Grade 6-8; Grades 9-12).
- All First-place winners will receive - $100.00
- All Second-place winners will receive - $75.00
- All Third-place winners will receive - $50.00
All Honorable Mentions and All Participants will receive Certificates.