A Message from Principal Brown
Oct 1, 2019
I hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable summer. It is a privilege to welcome your family to Newark Vocational High School for the 2019-2020 school year. Our staff has been working hard throughout the summer preparing for a productive school year. The Newark Vocational building continues to undergo exciting new changes, some of which include:
- Student-run restaurant
- Graphic arts and print production room
- Gymnasium floor and bleachers
- State-of-the-art kitchen for the culinary arts program
- Elegant hospitality and tourism suite
Due to the renovation, we are temporarily located at Newton St. School (150 Newton St. Newark, NJ).
Newark Vocational High School’s mission is to provide a rigorous curriculum that will prepare students for a path toward college and career readiness, by working with the Newark Vocational village of parents, students, and community. Our goal is to cultivate creative and innovative students by having dedicated staff with high expectations who will prepare students to be globally competitive.
As we focus on student achievement, we will provide various educational and academic experiences that will inspire learning throughout the year. This will be accomplished through evaluating data as a team and providing a path towards success for every student. During the school year, we need you to be active in our learning community and school-based activities. Parental support is an important part of your child’s success. Ways to support are by:
- Making attendance a PRIORITY, including limiting tardiness and absences.
- Checking Parent Portal regularly to stay informed of student progress.
- Communicating often with your child’s homeroom teacher.
- Participating in the PTA/ and school-based activities.
- Limiting television and social media.
- Reviewing the school day with your child.
- Encourage your child to attend tutoring.
- Try to attend all meetings. If you can’t make it a responsible adult is welcome.
The staff and I are looking forward to a year filled with experiences that your child will find rewarding. And as always……..Enjoy your day!!!!!!!
Principal Kyle Brown