Tuesday, September 1, 2015- Ms. Welkis
Today I will do my best to model how you can deliver a PD or a lesson totally paperless. This is not to say that all lessons should be this way but it will make the following much smoother and spend less time “tech-ing” and more time “teaching!”
- Differentiation of instruction
- Building DIGITAL PORTFOLIOS
- Student Engagement in meaningful content
- “Just-in -time” learning
- Lesson adjustments when formative assessment techniques employed warrant a shift in your lesson
- You can deliver a paperless lesson or PD with Google Classroom!
- Assist us in technology best practices and much more.
In the interest of the very little time I allotted to this session I am not going to have you go to the GOOGLE CLASSROOM SITE I had originally set up.
FOR TODAY……….All your tasks will be found as links on this page. NOTE: I am still going to be paperless but will not be able to model the many uses of GOOGLE CLASSROOM for you today.
Activity 1: 10 minutes
WHOLE GROUP/BENCHMARK on STUDENT/STAFF LOGINS
- All students will need to do this ASAP
- They already have a registered NPS email address
- Cannot and should not be invited to your classroom with any personal email addresses under any circumstances unless approved by myself.
Activity 2: 15 minutes
Never Used Google Classroom Before?
- Watch the videos below and get a brief tour and some great ideas for using it in your classroom:
Used Google Classroom Before?
- Check out the new features of Google Classroom 2015
- Check out ALICE KEELER’s SITE (alicekeeler.com) she has really advanced demos/ideas and personally created scripts to use with your students!
- Download advanced scripts here!
Exit Ticket: 10 minutes
Please open this COLLABORATE SPREADSHEET created in SHEETS to answer the following questions: