August 6, 2020
Dear Louise A. Spencer families,
I would like to first thank you for your support, patience, and understanding during this global pandemic. As your proud principal of Louise A. Spencer, my desire was to return back to school in the way we are all used to, but we must continue to be safe, proactive, and prepared to continue to provide our students with the education they deserve. Please review the CDC guidelines.
As we prepare to welcome our students to a year that will look and feel very different, we know there are questions surrounding the reopening plan for September 8, 2020. Below you can find a brief overview of our reopening plan, which will be available on the school website Friday, August 28, 2020.
- Families will be contacted to pick up grade-level materials, books, and student schedules prior to the start of school.
- Direct instruction will be provided for each subject.
- Students will virtually participate in all Specials for their assigned class.
- Limited spots are available daily to remain in compliance with the CDC guidelines. (6 feet apart)
- Students must come to school with a mask and wear it at all times (except during breakfast and lunch).
- Breakfast and lunch will be served in the classroom.
- Closed toe shoes must be worn.
- Entry procedures will be conducted daily. Temperature check, questionnaire, shoe and hand sanitizing.
- No early entry.
Students will enter and exit the building at the following locations:
- PreK-2- Somerset Street (Playground at the center of the building)
- 3-5- Somerset Street (Back Lot near the Boys and Girls Club)
- 6-8- Muhammad Ali Avenue (Main Entrance)
All families should have received a Full-Time Remote Learning Consent form via SchoolMint, our online platform, with login credentials for completing your child’s 2020-2021 registration. If you wish to elect full-time remote instruction, please complete that consent form in SchoolMint no later than August 14, 2020.
Whether your child is with us virtually or in person we are excited to greet them to start the 2020-2021 school year. Please visit our school website regularly for important updates and information. Feel free to call the Main Office at 973-733-6931 for assistance with any questions or concerns.
Karla Venezia, Principal