Parents & Students
Welcome parents and community members, and thank you for visiting the Family Engagement section of our website.
Community Engagement Specialists and other school-based family engagement staff work in our schools to empower families and other community stakeholders with information and resources necessary to ensure that Newark students are college and career ready. They are responsible for the following:
- Creating a welcoming school environment for families
- Working with school administrators to address parent issues and concerns at the school
- Conducting outreach to engage parents in their children’s education
- Facilitating meetings, workshops, and discussions with parents and community partners
- Strengthening parent involvement in the school and community
To become more involved at Ivy Hill or for more information, such as how to register for Power School, completing Lunch Applications, or upcoming Workshops, please feel free to contact Mr. Sameeh McDonald our Community Engagement Specialist.