Below find links for conference, state and federal athletic websites
State Mandated Coaching Certifications
- CPR/AED (American Red Cross/American Heart) – 2 years
- NFHS Concussion Course Directions – Annually
- NFHS Heat Acclimatization Course Directions – Annually
- NFHS Sports and First Aid Course – New Coaches
NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching (Blended Version) – New Coaches
- The person’s appointment as coach must be approved by the local educational agency responsible for the member school at which the person coaches.
- All new coaches will have 120 days after being hired to register for the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching (Blended Version) course. Upon completion of the classroom components, coaches will have sixty (60) days to complete the remaining four (4) components. A certificate of course completion must be submitted to respective athletic supervisors by June 30th to be eligible to coach at an NJSIAA member school for the subsequent school year.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY A COACH TAKE THE NFHS FUNDAMENTALS of COACHING COURSE COMPLETELY ON-LINE
- All coaches must hold a current certificate in CPR, AED and Basic First Aid. Online CPR/AED training courses do not satisfy this requirement.
- Beginning with the 2016-2017 school year all coaches must successfully complete a basic first aid course when renewing or completing CPR/AED certification.
- All coaches must have Concussion Awareness training through an on-line course or an in-service program, renewed annually. – NFHS Concussion in Sports Course
- All coaches must obtain a “Heat Acclimatization Awareness and Wellness” certificate or its equivalent, renewed annually. – NFHS Heat Illness Prevention
- Coaches currently in place, and/or who have experience coaching in an NJSIAA high school prior to the 2006-2007 school year, will be exempt from provisions B above. (While experienced coaches will not be required to adhere to all of the provisions listed above, it is recommended that all coaches complete the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching.)