How to Apply to Technology High
Technology High School is committed to recruiting highly motivated students from throughout the city of Newark. It is our goal to provide our students with a full preparation for the pursuit of a higher education and their chosen career fields. Our curriculum focuses on strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with a challenging liberal arts curriculum that fosters and cultivates their intellectual curiosity and creativity. We seek to admit those applicants who demonstrate maturity, intellectual curiosity, and a love of learning.
How to Apply
As a magnet school, consideration or “student rankings” is based on a combination of results from the following:
- Academic grades in all subjects in grades 6 thru 8
- Standardized exam results in grades 6 thru 7. For example NJSLA, PSAT, etc.
- District admissions test results- particular emphasis on the interest essay.
- Attendance Records
- Teacher/school counselor recommendations
- Disciplinary Reports
- Completed admission application at www.newarkenrolls.org
- The best way to maximize your chances of being matched to Technology High School is to rank us as your #1 choice.
Admissions Contact: Nelson Tejada, Vice Principal