21st Century Learning
We provide diverse learners with a 21st century learning environment that utilizes technology to support
THE COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS AND THE NJ CORE CURRICULUM CONTENT STANDARDS IN ORDER to prepare them to be globally competitive citizens. Each day students are immersed in 21st century learning as they use a variety of technology tools and software programs to complete learning activities in school and at home. Laptops, IPADS, and Tablets are used daily for anytime anywhere learning. Digital media resources and tools engage students in exciting, authentic learning experiences .Adaptive Software such as FasttMath, Reading Eggs, Study Island, Nessy, Lexia , Achieve3000, Brain Pop, and Plato Courseware provide academic interventions that increase fluency. These programs support students at the appropriate skill level for consistent growth.
ISTE's NETS for Students (NET•S) are the standards for evaluating the skills and knowledge students need to learn effectively and live productively in an increasingly global and digital world.
- Creativity and Innovation: Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
- Communication and Collaboration: Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, sometimes at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
- Research and Information Fluency: Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate and use information.
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making: Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.
- Digital Citizenship: Students understand human, cultural and societal issues related to technology, and practice legal and ethical behavior.
- Technology Operations and Concepts: Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.