Class of 2020 (Previous-Messages)
As per Mr. Leon graduation will be on Thursday June 18, 2020 (as we get more information as to what graduation will look like, we will pass the information on to all of you)
Pick up for Cap and Gown will be as follows:
● Students with last names that begin with letters A-L will come to school on Wednesday June 3, 2020
● Students with last names that begin with letters M-Z will come to school on Friday June 5, 2020
● You will enter through the Cafeteria (Pulaski Street entrance)
● You come in only one student at a time and you must bring your school ID
● Time for pick up will be begin at 9:30am
*We will be following the CDC guidelines and adhering to social distancing during this process. Every student should be wearing a mask or face covering before entering East Side.
Senior Tee Shirt:
● Students that have paid for their Senior Tee Shirt and have not received one, will be able to pick it up when they come in for their Cap and Gown (see dates above)
● Students that have paid for the Prom will receive their refund on the same day they pick up their cap and gown.
● You must bring your receipt with you
● Any student that has not paid Senior Dues yet and still wishes to do so, may mail in their money order for $100.00 no later than Monday May 18, 2020
● Any student entitled to refund of dues money will be able to receive the money after June 18, 2020
● Please remember your refund will be for events that no longer will be taking place (Prudential - Graduation, Senior Banquet, and Senior Class Trip)
● You must have your receipt with you as well as your school ID
Yearbook:Students that have paid for a yearbook will be receiving their yearbook after June 18, 2020
As we receive more information we will share with all of you.
As always, should you have any questions please reach out to any of us.
Dear East Side High School Class of 2020 and parents, first off, I hope that you and your families are healthy and safe during this time. As you have been made aware due to New Jersey Governor Murphy’s decision to close schools until the end of June events such as prom and senior trip have been cancelled. Sometime next week those students who did pay and are eligible will receive a full refund- directions and logistics will be posted in the senior class google classroom, school app and website. Moreover, I have been meeting with the senior class advisers to determine next steps for the distribution process regarding graduation caps, gowns,and yearbooks etc. at East Side High School. Once that process has been finalized -again- directions and logistics will be posted in the senior class google classroom, school app and website.
Additionally, in the coming days, Superintendent Leon will be meeting with high school seniors to begin to set forward the plans for the most incredible graduation ceremony this city has ever experienced. Once more details become available regarding graduation, we will share all pertinent information with you and your parents. This will include steps on reporting to East Side High School to pickup your diploma, cleaning out locker/retrieving personal items and returning Chromebook-if applicable.
In closing, even as this pandemic has taken away some the most treasured events of your senior year-you must always remain positive and look forward to the greatness that will be accomplished.
Always feel free to reach out to me with your questions, suggestions or concerns- firstname.lastname@example.org
Once an East Sider always an East Sider!