Film & Video Academy
The Office of Admissions at East Side High School is committed to recruiting highly motivated young adults from all neighborhoods in Newark. Our mission is to provide a safe environment in order to ensure that all students graduate ready for college and/or career pathways equipped with the academic, social and critical thinking skills necessary for success in the 21st Century. The core beliefs we hold are knowing that every student can achieve in a safe, pleasant and nurturing learning environment that fosters high expectations where students develop self-esteem and self-advocacy skills.
Cinematography & Film/Video Production
The Video/Film Academy of ESHS and its NBOE sister school Technology High School have continued to work together since the 2021/2022 school year to ensure that Newark has a pathway for those children with a passion for Film and Video and industry opportunities. The Film and Video academy is proud of its industry partner the Slate and DreamPlay and its post-secondary institution partner Essex County College who meet in order to reach tangible goals that layout a cohesive pathway for students to become aspiring Film and Video professionals.
Currently, the start of dual enrollment courses is projected for the Fall of the 2021/2022 school year. Students enrolled in their third year of the academy will have an opportunity for dual enrollment courses. The focus of the pathway is employability skills, work based learning skills, career and technical expertise.
- Cinematography & Film/Video Production I
- Cinematography & Film/Video Production II
- Cinematography & Film/Video Production III
How to Apply
- Complete the Newark Enrolls Application
The following information is captured when you complete the Newark Enrolls application using this link: https://newarkenrolls.org/
- Admissions Test: Test date for NBOE and non-NBOE students can be found on the Newark Enrolls Website: https://newarkenrolls.org/timeline/
- Student Attendance
- Overall School Grades
- Grade Point Average (GPA) - 80% (GPA 3.2) or above is preferred
- High School Entrance Exam Results
- Teacher Recommendation
- Student Interview
- Writing Prompts
How to submit your responses to the questions?
- You will be contacted by the Recruitment & Enrollment Team to schedule the interview portion after your application has been processed.
- Please complete this ESHS Survey Link.
Please be reminded that all steps in the admissions process must be completed.
Mr. West, Vice Principal
East Side High School
238 Van Buren Street
Newark, NJ 07105