Summer Bridge Program
Freshman Summer Bridge Program is a mandatory 1-week intensive designed to prepare new students for the challenges they may encounter as they transition into high school. The Summer Bridge Program is a part of the acceptance process into the Arts High School community.
The Summer Bridge Program is held in mid-late August, and runs from 8am to 1pm daily.
Students will take mini-courses in the following areas:
- Reading Comprehension and Writing Workshops
- Math Applications
- Intro to 9th Grade Science
- Intro to 9th Grade Social Studies/History
- Guidance and Support Services: GPA, Class Schedule, Bullying, etc.
- Time management / Scheduling
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Team Building and Mentoring
- Health and Hygiene
- Lockers and Student ID's
- Performance and Gallery Etiquette