Outstanding Career and Technical Students recognized as new inductees in the National Technical Honor Society
Mar 30, 2023
[Newark, NJ] Outstanding Career and Technical Students at West Side High School were honored today as the newest inductees into the National Technical Honor Society, the honor society for Career & Technical Education (CTE). Seventeen students were inducted for membership based on their skill development and academic achievement in their Career & Technical courses. Students must have:
- 2 years of a CTE pathway with an overall 3.0 G.P.A. and a 3.0 G.P.A In the pathway to be inducted.
- At least 20 hours of Community service.
- Active Involvement in a CTSO.
- No Disciplinary records.
- 2 staff letters of recommendation.
- 90% school attendance rate.
- On track for certification or credential attainment.
Since 1984, NTHS has been the honor society for CTE, serving high schools, career centers, community & technical colleges, and universities. Recognizing over 50,000 new members annually, NTHS exists to advocate for and empower all students to pursue the technical and academic skills needed to build their careers and a skilled global workforce.
Congratulations to the new inductees of the National Technical Honor Society at West Side High School.