The Engineering Academy provides an outstanding opportunity for students to attain the skills to become society’s problem solvers. The program empowers students to step into the role of an engineer, adopt a problem-solving mindset, and generate solutions. The Academy’s courses engage students in compelling, real-world challenges that help them become better collaborators and thinkers.
Hone your skills. Assemble a team. Create the cure.
Biomedical engineering is an exciting and challenging field in which medical knowledge and scientific information are transformed into practical applications and medicines that help people to live longer and stay healthier. practical applications and medicines that help people to live longer and stay healthier.
Pathways & Experiences
- Explore, analyze, and create innovative projects in the diverse fields of engineering.
- Apply the engineering design process, math, science, and engineering standards to design solutions, solo or in teams, to a variety of problems while documenting trials in an engineering notebook.
- Reproduce design solutions using 3-D modeling software and printers.
- Submit engineering solutions to a panel of engineers.
- Research the many career options found in Engineering.
- Delve into various engineering topics, including mechanisms, the strength of structures and materials, and automation.
- Identify an issue and then research, design, and test a solution while working individually and in teams.
Introduction to Engineering Design
Principles of Engineering
Engineering Design and Development
|Opportunities for College Credit, Credentials, & Certifications:||FED101 - Fundamentals of Engineering Design (2 credits), Autodesk®️ Inventor®️, Autodesk®️ Revit®️|
|Potential Job Opportunities:||Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technicians, Aerospace Engineers, Agricultural Engineers, Applied Engineering and Technology, Biomedical Engineers, Cartographers and Photogrammetrists, Chemical Engineers, Civil Engineering Technicians, Civil Engineers, Computer Technology (CPT), Concrete Industry Management (CIM), Construction Engineering Technology (CET), Construction Management Technology (CMT), Electrical & Computer Engineering Technology (ECET), Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technicians, Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Electro-Mechanical Technicians, Engineering Managers, Environmental Engineers, Health and Safety Engineers, Industrial Engineering Technicians, Manufacturing Engineering Technology (MNET), Marine Engineers and Naval Architects, Materials Engineers, Mechanical Engineering Technicians, Mechanical Engineers, Medical Informatics Technology (MIT), Mining and Geological Engineers, Nuclear Engineers, Petroleum Engineers, Sales Engineers, Surveying and Mapping Technicians, Surveyors|
|Work Based Learning:||Career Assessment, Career Day, Company Tours, Field Trips, Guest Speakers, Internships, Job Shadowing, Mentoring, Mock Interviewing, Project Based Learning, Student-run Enterprise, Volunteer Opportunities|