Other Activities and Programs
National Junior Honor Society
Advisor: Ms. E. Corker
The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) elevates a school’s commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments, but challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
Nutrition Advisory Council
Each year, the school organizes a Nutrition Advisory Council. The objective of the Nutrition Advisory Council is: to assist the Food Services Division in the planning of nutritious and pupil accepted menus; to bring food waste to a minimum level; to establish and maintain a relationship of understanding and communication between all concerned parties; and to promote nutrition education.
The Nutrition Advisory Councils consist of:
- three (3) to five (5) student representatives;
- two (2) parent members;
- the principal or his/her designee;
- one (1) teacher or school aide;
- the Deputy Director of the Food Services Division assigned to the school;
- the area Manager of the Food Services Division assigned to the school;
- and the Sr. Cook, Cook and/or Senior Food Service Worker.