Central High School's Vision & Mission
CHS Vision Statement
Our vision is to cultivate lifelong learners prepared for post-secondary success. By instilling values of character, accountability, responsibility, excellence, and service, we empower our students to become leaders and agents of positive change in their communities and the world.
CHS Mission Statement
Central High School comprises great educators who believe the teacher is our most impactful resource. Hence, we heavily emphasize professional development and pedagogy.
To cultivate leaders and thinkers, we aim to produce well-spoken problem solvers and writers prepared to preserve and impact the world for the next generations.
We strive to offer out-of-the-classroom experiences and internships to ensure that CHS graduates are marketable and ready for success.
CHS Core Values & Beliefs
CHARACTER: "We teach children, not just content."
ACCOUNTABILITY: "The consequence of failure is more work."
RESPONSIBILITY: "All hands on deck; we all sweat; we all win."
EXCELLENCE: “Consistency + High Expectations = Success”
SERVICE: "We are not just a school; we are a resource to our community"
CHS Profile of a Graduate
Upon graduation, through the guidance of faculty, staff, and administration, graduates of Central High School will possess a unique set of skills and attributes that sets them apart from their peers:
Social and Cultural Awareness
- Recognize and analyze diverse beliefs and practices to gain an understanding of multiple perspectives.
- Demonstrate an increased tolerance of the diverse opinions and views that differ from theirs.
- Capable of discussing different perspectives with respect and patience.
- Learn to accept and appreciate differences without being judgmental or discriminatory.
- Confident to inspire others to follow their lead.
- Possess excellent communication skills and can articulate their ideas effectively.
- Use strong communication skills to articulate a viewpoint about a specific topic through public speaking or the written word.
- Effectively listen to understand and empathize with the perspective of others.
- Proactive and take initiative to identify problems and offer solutions to them.
- Collaborate and work well in a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Negotiate and manage conflicts effectively.
College and Career Readiness
- Effectively manage time and demonstrate organizational skills.
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses, allowing them to make informed decisions about their career paths.
- Have a strong sense of responsibility, ambition, and dedication to achieve their short-term and long-term goals.
- Earn a strong academic record and have taken challenging courses in high school.
- Possess solid study habits and time management skills that will serve them well in college.
- Knowledge of colleges and clearly understand what they are looking for in a school.
- Participate in extracurricular activities and community service, demonstrating their commitment to their interests.
- Establish relationships with their teachers and counselors, who can provide them with guidance and support as they navigate the college application process.
- Participate in internships or job shadowing opportunities, gaining real-world experience in their desired fields.
- Develop a strong professional network, including mentors, alumni, and industry professionals.
- Create a polished resume and cover letter that highlights their accomplishments and qualifications.
- Hone their interview skills so that they can confidently present themselves to potential employers.