The Environmental Studies Academy will provide an outstanding opportunity for students to develop an understanding of environmental policies, procedures, and legislation focused on three main areas: environment, economy, and society.
Pathways & Experiences
Environmental Studies Academy
- Study earth’s ecosystems, organisms and natural resources, and develop a knowledge of the interconnectedness of life.
- Examine interactions between global, social, and human systems to understand and neutralize threats to ecological balance.
- Explore chemistry, mathematics, and science from an environmental perspective.
- Innovate solutions to local, national, and global ecological problems.
- Conduct research in state-of-the-art laboratories and field locations.
Introduction to Environmental Studies
Introduction to Sustainability
Environmental Sustainability Technology
|Opportunities for College Credit, Credentials, & Certifications:||Up to 9 credits from Kean University, OSHA 10|
|Potential Job Opportunities:||Climate Change Analyst or Modeler, Environmental Chemist, Environmental Educator, Environmental Engineer, Environmental Field Technician, Environmental Health and Safety Specialist or Manager, Environmental Lawyer, Environmental Public Relations Specialist, Environmental Risk Manager, Environmental Specialist, GIS (Geog. Info. Syst.) Specialist, Green Building Design, Landscape Architect, Meteorologist, Nature Conservation Officer, Park Ranger/Manager, Solar or Wind Energy Engineer, Water Quality Scientist, Wetland Specialist|
|Work Based Learning:||Career Assessment, Career Day, Company Tours, Field Trips, Guest Speakers, Internships, Job Shadowing, Mentoring, Mock Interviewing, Project Based Learning, Student-run Enterprise, Volunteer Opportunities|