When registering your child at Hawkins Street School, you must bring the following documents with you along with your child:
- Birth Certificate
- Complete Immunization Record
- Three (3) proofs of address - One (1) issued within the past thirty (30) days
If your child is absent due to illness, he/she should bring a doctor's note when returning to school, if possible. If the child is absent for three (3) or more days, the child must return to school with a doctor's note and be seen by the school nurse in order to be cleared to return to class.
During inclement weather (rain, snow, etc.), the door leading to the school auditorium will open at 7:45am. The students will proceed to the auditorium until 8:10am, where they will be escorted to their classes by the classroom teachers.
Kindergarten students, who arrive at school prior to 8:10am, will remain in the Kindergarten door foyer until 8:15am.
Parents and/or Guardians who would like to visit their child's classroom must adhere to the following procedures:
- Sign in at the security desk.
- Report to the main office.
- The clerks will contact the classroom teacher to notify there is a visitor to the classroom.
- The parent/guardian will receive a pass to go to the respective classroom.
- Once the parent/guardian has concluded the visit to the classroom, he/she must return to the office to return the classroom pass.