Ms. R. Sanchez
9th Grade Counselor for last Names H-Z
10th Grade Counselor for Last Names M-Z
11Th Grade Counselor For Last Name K-Z
12th Grade Counselor For Last Name K-Z
Office Number: 973-230-6595
Google Number: (929) 299-6173
Ms. T. Hosten
9th Grade Counselor for last Name A-G
10th Grade Counselor for Last Name A-L
11th Grade Counselor for Last Name A-J
12th Grade Counselor for Last Name A-J
School Counselor Role
- Guidance is responsible for designing individual student academic programs
- Providing individual and group counseling to students
- Counseling students with excessive tardiness or absenteeism
- Collaborating with teachers to present guidance curriculum groups and lessons
- Collaborating with teachers and admin to present proactive, prevention-based guidance
- Interpreting student records to provide placement recommendations
- Assist students with adapting to the classroom rules & procedures
- Guide students and parents in college & post-secondary plans
- Provide informative speakers and representatives from both college and career agencies
- Ensuring student records are maintained in accordance with state & federal regulations
- Assist the school principal with identifying and resolving student issues, needs and problems as they arise
- Interpreting cognitive, aptitude and achievement tests
- Analyzing grade-point averages in relation to academic achievement
Guidance Appointment Procedures
In order to maintain order in the building, the Guidance Office has set forth the following procedures for sending students to their guidance counselor:
- Students should be sent to guidance only for emergency purposes. They must have a pass signed and dated with the time from the teacher.
- Students must request an appointment to meet with their guidance counselor. Appointment slips can be found in the main office or guidance office and will be distributed to all homeroom teachers. Please collect them and place them in the appropriate counselor’s mailbox.
- Upon the counselor’s request, please send students to the Guidance Office during the appropriately scheduled appointment time.
- Please feel free to refer students to the Guidance Office if you have any concerns. Also, do not hesitate to stop in if you need any assistance. Often we are busy, but your concerns are very essential to the growth and development of our students.