|Date:||10/23/2020 - 10/31/2020|
|Add to Google Calendar:|
|Add to Calendar:||iCal | webcal|
|Event Categories:||No Categories|
Red Ribbon Week is the nation’s oldest and largest drug prevention awareness program. Red Ribbon Week started after the death of Drug Enforcement Administration Special Agent Enrique “KiKi” Camarena was tortured and killed in Mexico in 1985. The murder of DEA Agent Enrique Camarena angered parents and youth. As a result, people started wearing red ribbons to honor Kiki’s sacrifice. Today millions of people celebrate Red Ribbon Week by wearing red ribbons, participating in community anti-drugs events, and pledging to live drug free lives. Red Ribbon Week is celebrated every year from October 23-31.
Starting on Friday, 10/23, help us celebrate Red Ribbon Week by participating in activities and showing the world you are unafraid to take a stand against drugs. Tag @bhsecnewark on instagram so we can see your pics. Together we are brave!
Friday 10/23 at 6:00pm: Workshop for Families, Students and Faculty: Essex Health and Wellness Recovery Center at Saint Michael’s Medical Center. “Addressing Youth Substance Use.” Guest Speaker: Robin A. Lavorato, Executive Director.
Meeting link:https://nboe.webex.com/nboe/j.php?MTID=m605041dbc20ca74e8dcc9a6a3408bd7dMeeting number:120 272 1888Password:eyHkgdgQ232Host key:809561
Join by phone
+1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
Access code: 120 272 1888
More Red Ribbon Week Events:
- 10/26/20: Stomp Out Drugs (Wear Boots)
- 10/27/20: Take a Stand against Drugs and Alcohol Abuse (Wear Red)
- 10/28/20: Natural High Playlist (create a song playlist that fills you with joy and satisfaction)
- 10/29/20: Make a Drug- Free pact w/ Friends. Promise to hold each other accountable
- 10/30/20: ENTER THE 2021 RED RIBBON WEEK THEME CONTEST HTTPS://WWW.REDRIBBON.ORG/THEME/CONTEST/