Process of Admission at Bard High School Early College Newark for the 2021-2022 School Year
Admission to BHSEC Newark
The Office of Admission at Bard High School Early College is committed to recruiting highly motivated young adults from all neighborhoods in Newark. It is our goal to provide our students with a challenging liberal arts curriculum that fosters and cultivates their intellectual curiosity and creativity. To ensure the individual success of students in our Early College program, we carefully consider the results of a writing assessment before interviewing eligible candidates for admission. We seek to admit those applicants who demonstrate maturity, intellectual curiosity, and a love of learning.
How to Apply
Please complete a Newark Enrolls application form, including the most recent report card. Upon completion of the Newark Enrolls application, you will be contacted by our Director of Admissions to schedule a virtual interview.
Consideration for the 2021-2022 school year will be based on the following:
- Student grades (a B average or above is preferred)
- Attendance record (no more than 10 unexcused absences or 10 tardies in the previous school year is preferred)
- Virtual Interview (provides an introduction of the student in personality, interest level, independence and interpersonal skills)
- Teacher recommendations are optional but welcomed
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, this year we will not require special assessments or state assessments.
Contact our Director of Admissions, Veronica Osorio, for more information
- Email is best for sending forms and information: email@example.com
- Phone (Google Voice): 973-969-1380