Process of Admission at Bard High School Early College Newark for the 2022-2023 School Year
The Office of Admission at Bard High School Early College is committed to recruiting highly motivated young adults from all neighborhoods in Newark. It is our goal to provide our students with a challenging liberal arts curriculum that fosters and cultivates their intellectual curiosity and creativity. To ensure the individual success of students in our Early College program, we carefully consider the results of a writing assessment before interviewing eligible candidates for admission. We seek to admit those applicants who demonstrate maturity, intellectual curiosity, and a love of learning.
Update: If you have already applied, match letters were released on April 18th through the Newark Enrolls website. If you missed the enrollment deadline, Newark Enrolls will reopen on April 25th. To be considered for admission, please see below.
Consideration for the 2022-2023 school year will be based on the following:
- Submission of student grades (a B average or above is preferred) from BOTH the current school year and last school year. Accepted materials include full page report cards/transcripts that are clear, legible and have the student’s name listed on the document.
- Attendance record (no more than 10 unexcused absences or 10 tardies in the previous school year is preferred)
- Virtual Interview
- Teacher recommendations are optional but welcomed (see template)
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, this year we will not require special assessments or state assessments.
How to Apply
The following is required of all students who apply to BHSEC Newark.
- A completed online Bard application form, along with most recent grades and last year’s report card. Link below:
- Completion of a Newark Enrolls application form, including the most recent report card. Please note the Newark Enrolls application window opens on November 13, 2021.
- Upon completion of BOTH applications, please email us to schedule an interview.
Contact our Office of Admissions if you have any further questions:
Veronica Osorio, Director of Admissions
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 973-733-6861
Cindy Duran, Operations & Sustainability Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 973-424-4376
Any transcripts or supporting documents can be mailed (though email is preferred):
Office of Admissions
Bard High School Early College – Newark
321 Bergen Street,
Newark NJ 07103