Who is eligible to attend?
Newark Evening High School is a comprehensive community learning center that offers a rigorous standards based curriculum that leads to a standard high school diploma, workforce readiness training, industry valued credentials and supportive employment opportunities.
Courses are offered through:
- Newark Evening High School: (An evening High School for adults 18 years and over who have not earned a high school diploma in the state of New Jersey)
- Acceleration Academy: Program of study for students currently enrolled in one of Newark Public Schools Comprehensive High schools who may be out of sequence with a course and need a jump start to get back-on-track; for students ages 18 and above who are under credited; or for those students who wish to accelerate their learning in order to take college courses in their Junior or Senior year. (Guidance Counselor recommendation is required.)
- Continuing Education Academy: Program of study offering Continuing Education credits that support workplace skill advancement, and opportunities to engage in fun filled activities with peers.
Where will the programs be located?
Classes are held at 150 Newton Street, Newark, New Jersey 07103
What days and times will classes be held?
Classes meet as follows:
- Newark Evening High School
4:10 pm – 8:10 pm
- Acceleration Academy
4:10 pm – 8:10 pm
- Continuing Education Academy
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
How do I register?
Registration is available online or in person. Online registration begins on August 21, 2019
In person registration begins on August 29, 2019 at 150 Newton Street, Newark, NJ 07103 between the hours of 10:00am to 7:00 pm. Please follow the signs to our resource center.
What documents/items do I need in order to register?
How do I obtain a copy of my transcript and/or verify graduation?
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Please contact Newark Evening High School at 973-733-6712 and ask for Student Support Services.