When parent and family engagement activities are systemic and integrated across program foundations and program impact areas, family outcomes are achieved, resulting in children who are healthy and ready for school. Parent and family engagement activities are grounded in positive, ongoing, and goal-oriented relationships with families.
Family Engagement enriches all areas of the program. The Program suggests that Parents dedicate 70 hours each Program year to volunteer/engage in Program activities.
Parent Engagement Enables Parents to Participate in:
- Develop a more positive self-image and leadership skills.
- Function independently and as a member within an organization
- Gain skills that will increase their abilities to reach their greatest potential
in human relationships, family life, career, goals, parent / child educational achievements and community activities.
- Make policy decisions that affect their children’s growth and development.
Parent Engagement Enables Staff to:
- Broaden and deepen their insights and provides the children and
their parents with quality and relevant programs.
Parent Engagement Enables the Community to:
- Become aware of and meet constructively the needs of its residents.