The Newark School of Global Studies provides an opportunity for students to become the problem solvers of the world by engaging in a meaningful way in the sphere of international relations to tackle the global challenges of our time within an academic framework. Students will foster fluency in a second language, become immersed in a foreign culture, and exchange ideas via advanced technology.
Pathways & Experiences
- Study and engage in Arabic through a four-year language immersion program.
- Assess international relations & the practice of conducting negotiations across countries.
- Examine the fundamental aspects related to international conflicts and security considerations.
- Explore global ethnic groups and regions and their political/diplomatic relationships and challenges.
- Attend an international seminar in a country where Arabic is widely spoken.
Arabic I & II and International Relations
Arabic III & IV and International Conflict and Security
Arabic V Language/Culture and Ethnopolitical Landscapes of the Contemporary World
Arabic VI Literature, Senior Seminar & Study Abroad
|Opportunities for College Credit, Credentials, & Certifications:||Up to 9 credits with Seton Hall University|
|Potential Job Opportunities:||Political Affairs Officer; Analyst, Diplomat, Economist, International Banking Officer, International Affairs Officer (Military); Central Intelligence Agent; Research Consultant; Civil Servant; Foreign Service Officer|
|Work Based Learning:||Guest Speakers, professional panels, Job Shadowing, Visits to colleges and industry locations, Volunteer Opportunities, Mentoring, Internships, Mock Interviews|