The Office of Admission at The Newark School of Global Studies is committed to recruiting highly motivated young adults from all neighborhoods in Newark. It is our goal to provide students with an immersive academic experience to prepare them to be innovative thinkers in a competitive, global 21st century society. The Newark School of Global Studies is a place where a diverse student body will converge in a school with no borders. The curriculum fosters fluency in a second language, immersion in a foreign culture and the exchange of ideas via advanced technology. Students are engaged in a meaningful way in the sphere of international relations as they tackle the great global issues of our time within an academic framework. Our three internal academies focusing on Diplomacy, International Business and the Humanities will facilitate the application of a global studies education to life-long career choices. The Newark School of Global Studies creates problem solvers for the world.
To ensure the individual success of students, we carefully consider the results of the criteria outlined below.
- Student Attendance Record
- GPA (Grade Point Average) - 80% (GPA 3.2) or above preferred
- Teacher Recommendation
- A score of ‘proficient’ or ‘advanced proficient’ on state assessment exams
- High School Entrance Exam Results
- Academic and Non Academic Awards
- Virtual Student Interviews
- Writing Challenge
How to Apply
To apply for acceptance to The Newark School of Global Studies
- Fill out the Newark Board of Education High School Application. The NBOE High School application will be available at www.newarkenrolls.org.
- Attend The Newark School of Global Studies Virtual Demonstration that consists of the following multi step experience.
- Newark School of Global Studies Overview
- Virtual Group Interviews
- Writing Challenge- The challenge question, directions and resources will be revealed at the NSGS Virtual School Demonstration where all applicants will be allotted a specific amount of time to complete the challenge.
Main Office Phone: 908-248-2165
School Address: 24 Crane Street, Newark, NJ 07104