Please reach out to our Parent Liaison:
Ms. Shanika Boyd
All Newark Board of Education students (Pre-K to 12th Grade) are required to wear school uniforms. School Uniforms enhance school safety, promote school pride, create a sense of unity amongst students, improve the learning environment, bridge socioeconomic differences between children, promote good behavior, improve children's self-respect and self-esteem and produce cost savings for participating families.
Students will wear uniforms in their respective school colors. Clothing must be sized to fit the student. Pants should fit appropriately and should not be too tight or too loose. Shirts should be appropriate size and should not extend below the hip. It is acceptable for students with special religious beliefs and/or special needs or extenuating circumstances to wear head coverings.
- Polo-style shirts, button-down shirts, and turtleneck shirts are permitted
- Sleeveless shirts or T-shirts are NOT permitted.
- All long-sleeve solid colored crew-neck, V-neck, or cardigan sweaters, fleece, or sweatshirts must be worn with a collared shirt, turtleneck, or blouse.
- Denim jeans and sweatpants* are NOT permitted
- Shorts, skirts, scooters, and jumpers.
- A solid color belt must be worn if pants or shorts have belt loops
- Clothing must be worn at the natural waist
- Shoes must be navy blue, black, or brown in color; no open heel or toes permitted.
- Shoes must be securely fastened. Clogs, flip-flops, and bedroom slippers are NOT permitted
- Students may not wear hats, hoods, hoodies, sweatbands, bandannas (except for religious exemptions), or sunglasses while in the school building.
- Coats and jackets must be stored in the student’s classroom.