Aug 6, 2020
Dear Sir Isaac Newton Parent and Guardians,
I hope this letter finds everyone safe and healthy. We are working rigorously to create a plan that maximizes instruction and socialization while ensuring we create a safe and healthy environment for our students, staff and community members. The health and safety of our students and staff is first and foremost. I am looking forward to building our partnership together and welcoming our new students and families to Sir Isaac Newton Elementary School.
Even though this school year is going to be very different from what we have experienced in the past, attendance is an extremely important factor to the success of our students regardless of the learning method you choose. As we prepare for the 2020-2021 school year, please be mindful that the first day for students is September 8, 2020. Meeting the needs of all students is a top priority, and we will work with everyone to address their individual academic and social emotional needs.
Sir Isaac Newton Elementary School is a place where children foster a lifelong love of problem-solving, discover their passions and make new friends. Despite the pandemic, our staff will utilize evidence-based practices to help every child reach his or her full potential.
Please keep in mind that everyone’s safety is our number one priority and we appreciate everyone's cooperation and support, dedication and commitment to student achievement, safety and overall well-being. I look forward to success and growth as we continue to plan for this new school year. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and we are very much looking forward to seeing all of our students via remote instruction on September 8, 2020.
Sir Isaac Newton Elementary School
Additionally, note the following information regarding Sir Isaac Newton Elementary School:
- Orientation: We will be sharing protocols with families via videos. In the orientation videos, you will be provided with our child’s entry and exit points, virtual learning protocols, receive greetings from various staff members and have the opportunity to visit your child’s classroom virtually.
- Lunch Applications: Every family is required to complete a lunch application online. Applications must be completed online. Please follow the Newark Public School Website to apply: Lunch Application Link
- Our goal is to have 100% of students with applications on file before the start of school!
- School Uniforms: Newark Board of Education students are required to wear school uniforms. Our school uniforms consist of YELLOW/GOLD Polos and NAVY bottoms.
Emergency Contact Information: It is imperative that we have updated contact information for you in case of an emergency school closing or other need to communicate with you quickly and effectively. This information should be updated in your School Mint Account. Please ensure this information is uploaded immediately and updated regularly.
The main office phone number (973)733-7289.
- Communication: It is important to maintain open lines of communication at all times. We will have a virtual session where we will provide more in depth information before school begins and allow you an opportunity to ask any questions you might have. The orientation session/welcoming families and students will be held on August 26th at 2:00pm and 6PM You will receive a link and invite via School Mint to the remote virtual session.