Aug 9, 2021
What a tremendous journey we have traveled in the last 17 months.
What did we learn?
- When we couldn’t connect, we found a hotspot.
- When we got kicked off, we logged back on.
- When our microphone didn’t work, we used the chat.
- New ways of learning:
- Google Classroom
- Flipgrid, Jamboard, Peardeck, etc.
- We value:
- Being in the school building.
- Our friends.
- Hands on resources.
What can we control?
- Our attitudes - we can choose to be positive.
- When we work together, we can do anything!
How will I succeed?
- I will succeed by following Avon’s DREAM values.
Diligence: I will try my hardest.
Respect: I will follow expectations.
Empathy: I will treat others the way I want to be treated.
A+ self-control: I will focus and monitor my emotions.
Mindful inquisitiveness: I will ask and answer questions.
When does school start?
- School starts Tuesday, September 7th at 8am. Have on your uniform (navy bottoms and an orange or navy polo), and bring your chomebook and completed summer workbook.
Where do I ﬁnd more details about how I will become smarter (including supply lists) and stay safe (including Ingress Procedures)?
*All NBOE Schools will be contactless (meaning parents will not be entering the buildings.)
AUGUST 26th - FREE Vaccinations on Avon’s Playground from 8am-2pm for anyone 12 years+.
We can’t wait to see you!
Principal Haygood and the entire Avon Avenue Family