Announcements and Upcoming Events at BHSEC
- Get Vaccinated! More information here: https://www.nps.k12.nj.us/safe-return-plan/vaccines-for-teens/
- BHSEC Students who are 18 or older: don't forget to register to vote! Find out more here.
Below are the instructions for completing the working papers.
Here's what you need to do:
- Obtain Working papers (form A300) - Form can be obtained online https://www.nj.gov/labor/forms_pdfs/wagehour/A300.pdf
- Student & Parent completes - Section A
- Employer hiring you completes the form- Section B
- Your Physician completes the medical section - Section C
- School Personnel (Bard Clerk - Ms. Shabazz) fill out their portion electronically- Section E. Email her the form once completed by you, employer and doctor). Her email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Court reps virtually certify working papers and e-sign the document (Colin Kelly)- Section F. Ms. Shabazz will can contact him once your papers are completed and ready for him to certify).
The above process would entail the student taking a picture or scanning the completed form and emailing it to the Ms. Shabazz for Principal/V.P. signature and then to the court rep.
The court rep who certifies the form will need a copy of your Social Security Card, and a copy of one item from the following list:
-Affidavit from the parent regarding the age of the child, accompanied by a physician's written opinion on the age of the child, and a school record of age with the date of birth listed on the A300. (I have yet to see this one.)
All of this is from "Section D" on the A300 itself. Most students use the birth certificate or passport.
Please remember parents have to sign in Part A, and the employer has to sign in Part B. Both lines are in the bottom right of sections A&B.
College and Career
- For students and parents who would like assistance filling out the FAFSA application for college financial aid, please fill out this form to schedule a virtual appointment.