Part I - Completion of Newark Enrolls Application (25%)
The following information is captured when you complete the Newark Enrolls application using this link: https://newarkenrolls.org/
- Admissions Test: Test date for NBOE and non-NBOE students can be found on the Newark Enrolls Website: https://newarkenrolls.org/timeline/
- Overall School Grades
- Art Grade
- Student Character
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
All items listed below in Part II and Part III will be considered as your AUDITION. Prepare AUDITION items in advance for submission at the same time. To submit you will use the link provided under How to Submit your portfolio and interview questions. Auditions are due no later than January 29th.
Part II - Interview Questions (25%)
Select and be prepared to respond to the first question (required) and one additional question from below:
- How do you think the School of Fashion and Design will help you prepare for college, career and life?
- In the past what was your favorite art or design project, and why?
- Where do you go and / or what do you do for inspiration?
- What is the favorite piece of clothing in your wardrobe and why?
- Where do you like to shop for clothes and why?
PART III - The Portfolio (50%)
The portfolio must include the following 5 artworks:
- Two original artworks that you have created in art class or on your own. This can include drawings, paintings, colored pencil, pastels, graphic design, collage, or pages from your sketchbook. We encourage you to show experimentation and variety of media. Ask an art teacher to help you select your artworks to submit.
- Two original fashion designs demonstrating your creativity and imagination. Your original designs can be for a male, female or gender neutral.
- Select one task from below as your fifth portfolio piece:
- Design and draw an outfit for your favorite music artist or celebrity
- Design and draw an outfit for the senior prom
- Design and draw an outfit what you would buy to wear for graduation day
- Once you have your five artworks, create a word document. At the top of the word document type your Last Name, First Name and the name of your current school.
- Photograph and paste a copy of each artwork onto the word document. Under each artwork write a title for the artwork, write the name of the media used, and write a brief description explaining your inspiration for the piece.
- Save the document in Microsoft Word by clicking file, save as, your full last name, full first name followed by Portfolio with no spaces. For example, a person named Jennifer Smith would save their file as SmithJenniferPortfolio.
How to submit your AUDITION (portfolio and interview questions)?
You are now ready to submit your AUDITION. Make sure you have your portfolio word document and responses to your interview questions available. You will be asked to upload your portfolio and answer your selected questions as you complete the Google Form using this link.
Once you have submitted the Google Form your AUDITION is complete. Click the button if you would like to receive a copy of your submission.