Welcome Back Letter
Welcome Back All,
Please click on the Link below to Access Principal Garrison's Official Welcome Back Letter!
August 7, 2020
On behalf of the staff at the Camden Street School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2020—2021 school year! I would like to congratulate and thank you and your child for your resilience during the 2019-2020 academic term. We are currently undergoing an unprecedented challenge but we are encouraged by the leadership of the Newark Board of Education and Superintendent Leon in their proactive approach to addressing these challenges. Consequently, please know that the safety of your child is and will remain our top priority followed by a delivery of a world class education We are looking forward to a productive partnership with parents, now more than ever, to ensure student safety and academic achievement. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, your child needs support from both home and school. We know a strong partnership with you is vital for flexibility; this global pandemic present challenges that change on a daily basis. As partners, our shared responsibility for your child's safety and success will be guided by the following.
- Strict adherence to CDC guidelines and safety protocols therefore more than two thirds of our students will remain on remote instruction.
- Parents who wish for their child to learn remotely if they were not notified for remote instruction must login to
Schoolmint and complete the request form
- Non-employees will not be allowed in the school
- No student or employee can enter the school if exhibiting COVID symptoms
- No student or employee can enter the building without a mask
- Students and employees must provide their own masks and water
- Students and staff will have specific entrances that they must enter the building after being screened
- Please visit the district website to see the full reopening plan which includes how you can access meals for your child who may be learning remotely at Reopening-plan-2020-2021
- We will continue to adhere to the cell phone and healthy snack policies for in school instruction 10) Actively participate in all school wide events that will be occurring virtually
- Kindly complete the lunch application for your child which may be accessed on the NPS website.
- Please reach out to Mr. Ibn Thomas at 973-733-8272 with any technology issues or needs
Our school rules will be reviewed at our virtual back to school night on September 21 st (6pm — 8pm), getting everyone on the same page is essential for our success. We want you and your child to be fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior to ensure a safe and productive school year. Additionally, given the current crisis please feel free to reach out to any member of the Pandemic Response Team if you have any questions. The members of the team will be listed on the website but they are also listed here for your convenience and may all be reached by calling 973-7336994. The Pandemic Response Team members are: Mr. Sam Garrison, principal, Mrs. Tricia Brewster, school counselor, Mrs. Charmaine Rudd Sanders, social worker, Mr. Ibn Thomas, senior community aide, and Ms. Sarah Gaines, school nurse. As in the past, if you have any other concerns which include but are not limited to policies, rules, and expectations, please feel free to contact me or any member of the administrative team. Kindly feel free to review our policies on our school website at http://www.nps.k12.nj.us/CMS/
The Camden staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to serving you in the 2020-2021 academic year!
Camden Street School