The Newark Board of Education will offer a week-long Computer Science (CS) Bootcamp for grades K-5 and 6-8 teachers to learn how to introduce Code.org’s Fundamentals and Discoveries curriculum and lessons. Teachers will learn how to introduce CS concepts including computational thinking, problem solving, algorithms, programming and coding either in an integrated approach to support the core curricular content or as a regularly scheduled special/elective.
- DATES: Monday, August 12th – Friday, August 16th
- TIME: 9AM – 3PM (Lunch is included)
- LOCATION: Marion Bolden Center
- REGISTER: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf-4steVNICnB2I0ksHTkQmTcPZP871bmWnv7yzeEY8tETt8A/viewform
- DEADLNE: Friday, June 21 (Apologies for the quick turnaround; this is due to the process that requires we submit the names of every individual to the Board of Education for approval)