Dates: July 1st – August 2nd (No Program July 4th & 5th)
Hours: 7:45 A.M. – 1:45 P.M.
Grades: Current 9th-12th Graders
Breakfast & Lunch Provided
Students MUST be Newark Residents
Contact: Mariama Sesay-St. Paul, firstname.lastname@example.org
High school summer courses include the following:
- Credit Recovery: For students who need to make up a course in order to graduate. Students must attend all five weeks – July 1, 2019 through August 2, 2019 – and cannot be absent more than three times.
- High School English Plus: An enrichment program for English Language Learners to strengthen their English language skills for high school level coursework. HS English Plus specifically supports new arrival students and students who have passed ESL but are looking for extra support.
- Accelerated Courses: Accelerated courses are offered for students who are interested in earning credits in Geometry, Algebra, Spanish, French and US History II. In order to receive credit for any class, students must attend all five weeks – July 1, 2019 through August 2, 2019.
Transportation: Bus tickets will be provided for students who live more than 2.5 miles from their summer school site.
|Central High School||Credit Recovery|
|Science Park High School||Credit Recovery, High School English Plus|
- High school students are required to attend student orientation on July 1st. Student orientation will take place at their assigned site.
- High school students who are absent for three days will be dropped from the class and will not receive credit for summer school.
- Students enrolled in the Accelerated Program are required to be in attendance every day.
|Course Type||Registration Details|
|Credit Recovery||Guidance counselors will notify students in April/May who are at risk of failing a course or off-track for graduation. Guidance counselors will register students in June; once final grades are available. Students will attend on-site registration on July 1st.|
|High School English Plus||Apply for HS English Plus on the summer program application online. The application deadline is April 30th.|