School-Based Family Engagement Staff
Welcome parents and community members, and thank you for visiting the School-Based Family Engagement Staff section of our website. To become more involved in your child’s school or for more information, please feel free to contact Ms. Wynn, the South 17th Street School Community Engagement Specialist by phone at 973.374.2658, or by email at VWynn@nps.k12.nj.us.
Community Engagement Specialists and other school-based family engagement staff work in our schools to empower families and other community stakeholders with information and resources necessary to ensure that Newark students are college and career ready. They are responsible for the following:
- Creating a welcoming school environment for families
- Working with school administrators to address parent issues and concerns at the school
- Conducting outreach to engage parents in their children’s education
- Facilitating meetings, workshops, and discussions with parents and community partners
- Strengthening parent involvement in the school and community