|Date:||01/07/2015 - 02/13/2015|
|Add to Google Calendar:|
|Add to Calendar:||iCal | webcal|
|Event Categories:||No Categories|
Prepare to Apply:
At a Glance
Call us: 973-733-7333 Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit us in-person: 2 Cedar Street, Room 918 Visit us on the web: www.newarkenrolls.org
As you get ready to submit your 2015-2016 One Newark Enrolls application, there are a few steps you can take to help you prepare:
RESEARCH SCHOOL OPTIONS
- Visit the “School Choice” section at www.newarkenrolls.org to learn more about:
→Grade Levels: Which schools offer my child’s grade?
→Location: How close is the school to my home or work?
→Programs: What special programs do schools offer that might best serve my child?
- Visit schools to meet teachers and staff
→Use the School Checklist in the School Guidebook to determine if schools you’re interested in have features that are important to you.
- Attend school fairs to talk to school representatives!
→Saturday, January 10, 2015
→321 Bergen Street
→Grades PK – 8: 9:00-11:30am | Grades 9 – 12: 1:00-3:30pm
Please visit us at www.newarkenrolls.org for information about additional One Newark Enrolls events!
OBTAIN YOUR CHILD’S ID
For any student who has ever attended a public school in Newark, an ID number will be needed to submit an application. Here’s how to obtain your child’s ID number:
- Newark Public Schools Students: If your child is a current Newark Public School district student, you may use their 6-digit NPS Student ID (Lunch ID / PowerSchool ID). This number can also be found on your child’s report card.
- Charter School Students: If your child attends a charter school in Newark, you will need their 9-digit Newark Enrollment Number. This number has been sent home with students at participating charter schools, and is also available by calling 973-733-7333.
- Pre-K Students in Community Providers: If your child attends a free, community-based Pre-K in Newark, you will need their 9-digit Newark Enrollment Number. This number will be sent home with students in January.
- Former Newark Students: If your student has ever attended public school in Newark, or if you applied last year, you will need your 9-digit Newark Enrollment Number. Please call 973-733-7333 to get this number.
- Brand New Students: If your child has never attended a public school in Newark, you do not need an ID number. Simply leave the field blank.
Not sure? Call 973-733-7333 to get your child’s ID number!
CREATE AN EMAIL ADDRESS
An email address is required to apply online, and strongly encouraged for paper-based applications to help ensure we can reach you with any questions. If you do not have an email address, you can create one for free at gmail.com or yahoo.com.