The Park Elementary School will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State's student academic achievement standards as follows:
- Ensure that students receive a rigorous instructional program that is aligned to the Common Core Standards, prepares students to succeed on the standardized assessments, and prepares students to excel in high school and beyond.
- Provide training for instructional staff on research-based strategies that are suited to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Focus on assessment for the purpose of differentiating instruction and monitoring student progress.
- Encourage the use of technology integration to expand upon learning and to develop 21st Century Career and Life Skills.
- Maintain a safe and respectful environment by strictly enforcing the anti-bullying policy and issuing serious consequences when infractions occur.
- Set high expectations for student achievement.
- Hold parent-teacher conferences during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child's achievement.
- Provide parent with frequent reports on their children's progress. Reports will be provided as follows:
- Progress reports will be issued mid-way through each marking period.
- Communication, both verbal and written, will be provided as needed.
- Provide parent reasonable access to staff.
Staff will be available for consultation with parents as follows:
- Parents may make appointments to meet with their child's teacher as needed.
- Teachers will provide their email addresses to parents and will respond to questions and requests accordingly.
- Provide parent opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child's and to observe classroom activities, as follows:
- Parents are strongly encouraged to participate in their children's classroom activities.
- During the year, parents may be called upon to assist by the administration, the classroom teacher, or the parent liaison.
- Park Elementary School welcomes, and depends upon, parent volunteers. If you are able to donate your time to the school, please make our parent liaison aware of your availability.