Now Accepting Applications
Accept the Challenge
It's more than a job, it's a career
Make a Lasting Difference in your Community
Serve with Honor, Join Newark's Finest
The New Jersey Civil Service Commission will announce its next Entry-Level Law Enforcement Examination (LEE) announcement on July 1, 2019.
Applications Available July 1 to August 31, 2019
In order to be considered for employment in an entry-level law enforcement position, candidates must pass a written exam called the Law Enforcement Examination (LEE). Those who pass will remain in the eligible pool for two years.
For more information about becoming a Newark Police Officer, visit our website - www.newarkpdonline.org or contact our Candidate Investigations Unit at 973-733-8731.
REQUIREMENTS for all Police Applicants:
- MUST be a United States citizen or permanent resident by the application filing date.
- MUST not be less than 18 years of age and not exceed 35 years of age at the announced closing date for filing the application with the New Jersey Civil Service Commission.
- MUST be a resident of the City of Newark at the time of filing the application with the New Jersey Civil Service Commission and REMAIN a resident with the City of Newark for a minimum of one (1) year after appointment.
- MUST possess a High School Diploma or a certificate equivalent to a high school diploma (GED), that is recognized by the State of New Jersey as an accredited school.
- MUST possess a valid New Jersey Driver's License at a time of filing the application.