The following in the National Junior Honor Society’s selection process.
● A letter is sent to teachers in grades 5-7 about the criteria to be a member of NJHS.
● Teachers nominate students by writing a recommendation letter.
● The NJHS advisor checks the cumulative GPA of the student nominated to see if they are eligible.
● Students are selected based on the selection criteria.
● Letters are sent to the nominees inviting them to join NJHS. Parents/Guardians must sign the letter accepting or declining the invitation.
● Induction ceremony is planned.
● Letters are sent to parents inviting them to the induction ceremony.
● New members are inducted into NJHS.
Membership in NJHS is one of the highest honors that can be awarded to a middle school student.
The standards used for selection are: Scholarship (2.9 or higher cumulative average) leadership, service, character, and citizenship as demonstrated by activities and teacher evaluations.