Welcome to The Early Childhood Center–West (ECC-West)
Dear Parents and Guardians:
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you. The staff and I look forward to working with you and your children for the school year 2019-2020.
The Newark Public Schools, Office of Early Childhood uses a framework for participation based on Joyce Epstein’s work that includes six types of family-school-community partnerships to create a student-centered learning environment: Parenting, Communicating, Volunteering, Learning at home, Decision-making and Collaborating with the community.
We invite you to participate in our program as much as possible and spend quality-learning time in our Parent Center located in Room 206. These are some ways you can help:
- Parent Orientation –August 29th @ 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Cheer for Pre-K Day – September 9th
- DAD Take Your Child To School Day-September 17th @ 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
- Back To School Night/Open House-September 18th @ 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Parent Meetings-September 26th & October 25th @ 9:00 a.m.
- Implementing Second Step
- Week of Respect-September 30th-October 4th
- Parent Committee Election-October 4th (contact Parent Advocates)
- School Violence Awareness Week-October 14th-October 18th
- DAD Network Meeting-October 22nd @9:00 a.m.
- Parent Workshop on Social/Emotional Health-October 23rd @4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Family Math Night-November 7th @4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences-November 15, 2019 & February 13, 2020 @1:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m
- Picture Day – December 3rd
- Winter Wonderland Dance-December 14th 4:00 pm-6:00 pm
- Holiday Concert-December 20th @ 2:00 pm
- If you are gifted with a talent or have a special interest, such as music, art, creative dramatics, etc., please consider sharing those experiences with your child’s class and/or other parents.
- Attend Family Night at the Museum – June, 2020 This activity is designed to provide information on a wide range of parent-student interactive literacy, math, and science activities to do at home.
- If you have some ideas – please let us know!
Cheryl Hayes-Damon, Vice Principal
See Announcement Page for More Dates