|Time:||12:30 pm - 2:00 pm|
|Add to Google Calendar:|
|Add to Calendar:||iCal | webcal|
[Newark, NJ – October 21, 2016] Newark Public Schools’ (NPS) arts teachers will be participating in a Teacher Professional Development Program at New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) on October 26th. The morning will include a series of curriculum workshops, along with a press conference at 12:30pm with officials from NJPAC and NPS. In the afternoon, teachers will participate in Arts Discipline Workshops on the “Creative Process” led by international artists. The program is funded by a grant awarded to NJPAC by the Community Foundation of New Jersey. Along with sponsoring professional development programs, the $450,000 grant in support of arts education will significantly increase the number of Newark students invited to enjoy world-class performances at the NJPAC during the 2016-17 and 2017-18 academic years.
- NJPAC President and CEO John Schreiber
- Newark School Board President, Antoinette Baskerville-Richardson
- Special Assistant for the Arts, Newark Public Schools, Margaret El
- NJPAC Vice President of Arts Education, Alison Scott-Williams
- Dancer Justin Dominic
- Newark poet Mireicy Aquino
- Announcement of grant for NJPAC and Newark Public Schools, along with professional development program for arts teachers throughout Newark Public Schools.
- Press Conference will be held at 12:30 p.m.
- Professional Development programs will begin at 8:30 a.m. and continue after the press conference at 1:05pm