The Nutrition Program provides daily nutritionally balanced meal supplements during after school hours for the students of the Greater Newark Community. The meals are monitored on an ongoing basis to ensure quality. There is no charge to any student receiving food from the Nutrition Program. The New Jersey Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Child Nutrition, Child and Adult Care Program audits the Nutrition Program. In order to ensure compliance with their guidelines, a Food Facilitator (Lead Teacher) is designated for each site and in-service management training is provided. Program Monitors and Nutrition Consultants from the Nutrition Program support the Food Facilitators throughout the year.
(Please use your Firefox or Chrome browser for a better user experience)
Click the link below to download the forms:
- Adjustment Forms (2019-2020)
- Start-up Forms (2019-2020) * Please download before editing your respective document
- Temperature Log
- Extended day Complaint (Word Version) –>Extended day Complaint
Download the entire year of documents: Click here!
Click to access the Nutrition Agreement Document
Click to access the 300 NCC Nutrition Concerns and Comments
Click to access the 2018 CHILD AND ADULT CARE FOOD PROGRAM MONITORING FORM
Click to access the Nutrition Supply Request Form
- All paperwork must be current and needs to be done a daily basis. Do not wait until the end of the day/week to complete paperwork.
- All paperwork should be completed at point of service. No student should receive a meal without being checked off on all paperwork.
- Please make sure the following items are posted: Menu, Justice for all Poster, and Health/Sanitation Certificate. Items need to be posted where students eat and somewhere that can be seen by all staff.
- All meals must be served in its entirety (all food, fruit, and milk together). Please do not distribute certain components of a meal. Remind students to utilize the share box for components not wanted.
- Keep all delivery slips. If you did not receive a delivery slip, please contact your Nutrition Specialist or Kendra Burton ASAP to obtain a copy.
All staff must adhere to all guidelines for CACFP meal distribution. The vendor has been informed of the audit dates so all paperwork should reflect correct meal amounts as well as proper food temperature when delivered. Also all milk must be delivered in cooler bags and hot food in warmers. If there are any discrepancies please let myself or your specialist know right away.
Any issues, questions or concerns please feel free to Kendra Burton, email@example.com.