If your child is turning three or four years old by October 1, 2019, it’s time to start thinking about Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K). Children who live in Newark, New Jersey are eligible to participate in free Pre-K programs offered by the Newark Public Schools.
Before you register for Pre-K, we encourage you to learn more about the Pre-K admissions and the different program options available for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Pre-K is free. You do not have to pay to attend participating Pre-K programs.
- You must be a Newark resident.
- Your child must be 3 or 4 by October 1, 2019.
- Programs are full day (6 hours).
- Programs are available at public schools and community-based preschool providers. There is a separate application process for public schools and community-based organizations.
Pre-K Options: Public Schools and Community-Based Preschool Providers
|Public School Programs
District and Participating Charter Schools
|Community-Based Pre-school Providers|
Why Should Your Child Attend a Pre-K Program?
Pre-K programs are important because they create a foundation for your child’s future success.
In Pre-K your child will learn:
- Basic reading, math and science skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- How to share, work in groups and take turns
Have Questions? Need Help?
Call: 973-733-6234 or 973-733-7333