December 24th, 2020 thru January 3rd, 2021
Read for 20 minutes a day to win
- Post pictures and videos of your child reading and tag us! Instagram: #newarkprekreads
Picture or video with the most likes will receive a special prize!
- Complete Reading Logs and submit them no later than January 3rd, 2021. The student and site with the most reading log hours will win a prize.
- Contact your local Pre-K program for more information or email: email@example.com.
- Students will read or be read to for 20 minutes or more each day.
Families will document on a Reading Log the book read and minutes read.
- Logs can be completed electronically or hard copy. The winning school/center will be the one with the MOST READING MINUTES PER ENROLLED PRE-K CHILD.
- Extra Credit/Bonus: Families should post videos and pictures of students reading and should tag the Office of Early Childhood on Instagram @NewarkPrek using the hashtag #NewarkPreKReads. The top post with the most likes will receive a grand prize. There will also be prizes for 2nd and 3rd place winners.
- The school with the highest average of most minutes read per enrolled child will receive a bag filled with school supplies/arts & craft for each pre-k teacher on site. Our winning site for the 2019-2020 school year was Rainbowland Learning Center II.
- Families must submit logs to their child's school by January 3rd, 2021.
Download the Reading Challenge Flyer
|54 downloads||1.0||12-15-2020 14:55|
|105 downloads||1.0||12-15-2020 14:53|
|43 downloads||1.0||12-15-2020 14:52|
|37 downloads||1.0||12-15-2020 14:53|